Mom's The Word: Six Local Subscription Services for Moms This Mother’s Day
1. Wise Villa Winery (wisevillawinery.com) in Lincoln offers
a free membership that comes with umpteen perks including quarterly releases of
pre-selected (or personally selected) wines. Gift that mom who loves to imbibe
a year of world-class wines so she can sip all her worries away—and celebrate
all her wins, too!
2. Meal prep can take up precious time that can otherwise be
spent bonding with the fam or getting some alone time. Why not gift the gift of
a meal prep service that takes one thing off your plate and is also a healthy
meal option? Enter Folsom Meal Prep (folsommealprep.com) or Roseville
Meal Prep (rosevillemp.com)
that prepares meals under 500 calories. Choose from a weekly or monthly week
plan so mom can kick back and enjoy that extra time off.
3. While we’re on the topic of healthy food, we’ve got a healthy option for moms looking to get a good dose of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and many more good-for-you nutrients. Fresh Way Fish & Meats (freshwayfish.com) in Roseville delivers seafood subscription boxes withing a 25-mile radius. Whether it’s their snack pack (smoked salmon fillets, spicy ahi poke, smoked salmon spread) or their seafood box for 4 (smoked salmon, steelhead trout, halibut, smoked salmon spread) this gift will be much-appreciated.
4. Here’s one subscription you can’t go wrong with. Reset:
Café by Day (resetfolsom.com)
in Folsom has their very own coffee club that any mom would love to be a part
of. Choose from one, two, or three bags a month to ensure the freshest cuppa first
thing in the morning. Moms can choose from the choicest organic coffees—including
ones from Papua New Guinea and Brazil. Now that’s a sweet deal!
5. Say it with flowers—and not just once. Garden of Weedon Designs (gardenofweedon.com) offers two flower subscriptions: Paperboy Bundle where you get a bunch of fresh market flowers from local farms each week wrapped in newsie floral paper; or the Brown Bag where you get fresh blooms arranged in a brown bag each week that’ll include greens and blossoms that can fit right into a vase—no prep needed. It’s the perfect pick-me-up!
6. If the mama in your life is a fan of fresh fruit and veg, you’ll have to get her a subscription to Mama Earth Farm’s (mamaearthfarm.com) CSA boxes filled with the aforementioned fresh fruit and veg. This community supported Somerset farm offers small, medium, and large boxes of produce ready to be picked up each week from one of seven locations. It's farm-to-fork fare at its finest.