Where We Live: March 2022
- Lilies have the longest in-vase lifespan of any cut bloom. Discard the pollen from their centers for an even longer lifespan.
- There are over 100 different species of lilies, coming in all different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- When planted, they can develop from a bulb or a seed and best grow in groups of three to five.
- Lilies have been historically grown, not just for their beauty, but for medicinal purposes and food. They are non-toxic to humans but incredibly toxic to pets.
- These well-loved flowers are found around the globe, from Canada to Japan, and are one of the most prevalent flowers in Europe.