10 Spot Trivia
Jul 29, 2010 05:05AM
● By Style
In celebration of Style’s annual People and Their Pets...and the big screen pets that have provided us with entertainment and enjoyment, take this month’s quiz and test your knowledge of the following famous animal actors.
- “Pal” was the first dog to play what iconic canine? Originally cast as a stand-in, he outshone the other pooch and took the lead role.
- Finned mammal “Keiko” made a splash in his role in what 1993 blockbuster?
- Cairn Terrier “Terry” got his first acting role in the 1934 Shirley Temple movie Bright Eyes, but had his breakthrough role in what 1939 classic?
- “Sam” is the real name of what big-screen orangutan, who starred in his very own feature film in 1996?
- Over 50 animal handlers were needed in what 1995 motion picture featuring a pig?
- What rare Sphynx cat entertained audiences with his notoriously-named owner in a 1997 blockbuster comedy?
- What primate, who made only a cameo appearance in a short film in the ‘80s, may be the most famous of chimpanzees, thanks to his world-famous late owner?
- What is the name of the “original party animal” canine, which made his debut in a Bud Light beer commercial during the 1987 Super Bowl?
- Which animal actor’s real name was “Spike” and was rescued from an animal shelter in Van Nuys, California?
- This famous stallion’s many tricks included playing dead, untying knots and laughing or whinnying on command.
Scroll Down for Answers...
1. Lassie, Lassie Come Home
2. Willy, Free Willy
3. Toto, The Wizard of Oz
4. Dunston, Dunston Checks In
6. Mr. Bigglesworth (Dr. Evil’s pet), Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
7. Bubbles, Michael Jackson
8. Spuds MacKenzie
9. Old Yeller
10. Black Beauty