Holiday Performance Roundup
Nov 02, 2009 10:34AM
● By Wendy Sipple
The holidays bring out our special memories of celebrating the season with family and friends in thousands of different ways.
Although we are busy with parties, shopping and decorating…one way to make this year special is to venture out and see a live performance at on of the many local venues. After all, there’s no better reason than the season!
- Rocklin Youth Theatre will present School House Rock Live, November 20-22, and then Cabaret Showcase, December 11 and 12, at 7 p.m. at the Rocklin Dance Center. 601–5 Pacific Street, Rocklin. rocklinyouththeatre.com
- Kennedy Pageant Productions presents their Holiday Pageant at the Placer County Fair and Events Center in Roseville on Tuesday, November 24. Come see local young ladies competing for titles including Tiny Wee Snowflake, Little Miss Sugarplum, Jr. Miss Jingle Bells, and Miss Teen Happy Holidays. holidaypageant.com
- Recapture the spirit of Christmas with downtown Grass Valley’s Cornish Christmas Celebration. Carolers, cloggers, bell ringers and other professional musicians will be spreading cheer on November 27, and December 4, 11, and 18, from 6-9 p.m. For more information, call 530-272-8315.
- Train Time for Santa is a great once a year event for the whole family. The California State Railroad Museum invites folks to come and see the wonderful model trains on display and running around on Thanksgiving weekend November 27 to 29. csrmf.org
- Placer Theatre Ballet will stage The Nutcracker, November 28-29, and December 4,5 and 6, at Placer High School Theater. placertheatreballet.org
- The Fountains at Roseville will host several holiday performances including Delta Breeze on December 6, Encore Carolers on December 13, and Sacramento Opera Christmas Carolers on December 20. thefountainsatroseville.com
- Roseville’s Magic Circle Theater presents Its a Polar Problem this season. The Youth and Little Ones workshops’ participants (ages 4-14) will bring an original production to life for four performances Thursday and Friday, December 10 and 11, and 17 and 18. mcircle.org
- The Northern California Dance Conservatory presents Babes in Toyland December 11-12, at the NCDC Black Box Theater, 920 Reserve Drive, Suite 110, Roseville. ncdc.com
- The Sacramento Ballet brings The Nutcracker to the Community Center Theater. This year’s opening night, December 11, marks the 500th performance of Ron Cunningham’s version of the classic. The ballet offers a special Nutcracker Sweet Sunday performance and party on December 13. sacballet.org
- Galena Street East presents A Holiday Tapestry. This group of young performers (ages 5 to 19) will bring professional singing and dancing to Hiram Johnson High School Auditorium December 10-12. galenastreeteast.org
- Rocklin Community Theatre and the City of Rocklin Theater & Arts present the family classic Annie, taking the stage December 11-20, at Finnish Temperance Hall; Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m.; matinees on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. Get your tickets at the Rocklin Sunset Center up to one month in advance. rocklin.ca.us/rocklinarts
- Chris Van Allsburg’s The Polar Express will again be brought to life in Old Sacramento throughout December. Kids of all ages can enjoy hot chocolate and cookies, and a special visit from Santa. csrmf.org